Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all. I've decided to write out my New Year Resolutions this year, so that all of you can help to keep me accountable. I rarely make resolutions, I've always just seen it as one more thing to worry over not completing through the year. . .but, now that I am 30. . .older and wiser than I used to be, I have discovered that a little accountablility really helps me, so I am turning to you. Here they are, in no particular order: (and yes, I realize that they are NOT really original)

1.)Exercise : I'm not sure how many of you noticed the treadmill in the background of our Christmas pictures, but it's been sitting back there, virtually untouched, for nearly a year. I can actually cound on both hands the number of times I've used it. My goal is to use it 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time.

2) Lose Weight : When I started the low GI diet last July, I had a goal to lose 17 pounds, and I stopped at 12. . .of which I have regained at least 3 or 4 pounds. Anyway, I am restarting the diet Monday (It's just easier to start on a Monday for me. . .). This means, of course, that I have to give up drinking my favorite beverage ever made (Coca-Cola Classic), and my second favorite (Dr. Pepper). Anyway, the low GI diet really works for me. . .the first week was hard, but then, I enjoyed the food, and didn't really miss all the sugar and junk.

3) Stop yelling at my children : No, I don't yell ALL the time, but I really don't want to yell at all. I need to find ways to make them listen without yelling. . .

4) Be dilligent in my daily Bible Study : I have always gone through spurts of being very dedicated in a daily quiet time and Bible study, and slacking off. For the past month or so, I have definately been slacking. . .and I can totally tell. I have less joy and less patience. I am choosing a book per month (or 2) to study, deeply.

5) Keep my house clean : This one I can NOT do on my own. I need Rev, Stonewall, and Skywalkers help. I want to be able to receive guests at any time, without worrying about toys scattered all over the floor, or dishes left out.

Well, there they are. . .

No comments: